Dove Energy's, UK-registered affiliate Dove Energy Limited discovered and developed an onshore oilfield in Yemen in 2000 with peak production of 25,000 barrels of oil per day. In addition to operating this field, Dove Energy Limited and Dove Energy’s 100%-owned subsidiary, Dove Energy Inc., each own title to a number of exploration concessions in Yemen and Tunisia.
Dove Energy already has a track record of success from its investments into the Yemen oilfields and has a number of advantages that enable it to meet its challenges and exceed its financial plan:
A first class operational management team, employing more than 250 specialists
- Operated production in excess of 25,000 bopd and produced reserves of 49 million barrels
- A presence in the Middle East / North Africa region for 14 years
- A good knowledge of oil industry business, governments, partners, & competitors
- Alliances with excellent contractors
- Exploration licences with potential oil & gas resources
The Company is an opportunistic investor in both oil & gas exploration and producing assets that have the potential to create long-term value through appropriate investment in technology, good operational management, and efficiency improvements. Dove Energy has a track record of cost-effective field management in Yemen, and of developing good relationships with local partners in each country in which it invests. Its team in the DIFC provides the active oversight of portfolio companies that is critical to long-term value creation, together with strategic and operational guidance to group companies operating individual assets.